Visual Web Producer
POLITICO is looking for a visual producer to join our expanding newsroom.
This full-time role will work within our Production team to enhance our use of data visualization, ensuring that our visual output is consistently creative, impactful and of the highest quality.
The successful candidate will work as part of a wider team of producers and visual producers tasked with ensuring everything we publish is clean, correct and visually attractive for readers.
POLITICO is a pioneering and growing media company that covers the politics, policy and personalities of the European Union, with journalists in Brussels, London, Paris and Berlin.
- Improve the quality of visual storytelling across POLITICO’s coverage on all platforms, using data visualization
- Develop innovative, creative ways to tell stories using visuals
- Enhance the newsroom’s capability and visual skill
- Help to identify the most efficient way to tell a story visually — whether by infographics, maps, illustration, photo-illustration or photography
- Research and analyze data to pitch and produce infographics across a range of topics
- Help to guide the newsroom’s use of infographics — by producing them and by teaching reporters and editors what makes a good graphic
- Proactively suggest new ways to tell stories and work with reporters and editors to test those ideas
- Work within the Production team to publish and promote articles, alerts and newsletters, ensuring each piece of content is creative, impactful and of the highest possible quality
- Work shifts and weekends on a rotational basis as part of the production team
- Work with the Audience Development Editor and fellow producers to grow our readership and impact on social media platforms
- Experience with data analysis/visualization/presentation tools essential; graphic design experience (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign) and/or digital photo editing experience preferred
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with HTML or content management systems
- Written and verbal fluency in English is a must; proficiency and/or fluency in a second language is preferred
- Candidates should have acute attention to detail and accuracy, as well as enthusiasm to be a team player
- POLITICO is a 24/7 publication and producers are expected to be available to work different shifts to meet publishing needs
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role. Priority application deadline is June 19.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Visual Web Producer. Please apply, however, via the online form.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialist
Updated: June 9, 2022
Job ID: 00192