Jewish News (Free Weekly Newspaper of the Year 2021/22) is looking for an ambitious, passionate and creative digital editor to take its ever-growing brand to the next level.
As digital editor you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the timeliness, impact and quality of jewishnews.co.uk
- Managing the homepage, writing enticing must-click headlines and writing and editing web content.
- Editing and publishing our Daily Newsletter, delivered to 20,000 inboxes every afternoon.
- Responding to breaking news and developing stories in real time.
- Compiling picture galleries and video content and ensuring the weekly podcast, newspaper page turner and supplements are uploaded.
- Ensuring newspaper content is online and feeding online content into the newspaper.
- Managing an extensive list of Jewish News bloggers.
- Tracking and analysing website traffic.
- Promoting content on social media in an engaging way to drive web traffic.
- Updating the site out-of-hours when necessary.
We’re looking for someone with at least three years editorial experience who can write crystal-clear news and feature copy to tight deadlines. Experience in Photoshop and content management systems preferable.
Sounds like you? Then email your CV and a covering letter to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th July.