We are looking for an Equity Research Editor to work with our Co-Head of Research Services. This role commands oversight of Redburn’s product and how Redburn seeks to add value to fund managers – an excellent basis for a career in financial journalism, or potentially equity sales or research.
The role will comprise:
- Daily summary. Help sales create the daily summary of research for Redburn Morning with an emphasis on the broking story.
- Aggregators. Marketing to Bloomberg to ensure changes of recommendation are captured early in the morning. Ensure that tagging is correct so notes appear on Bloomberg in the right way.
- Website. Integration of product management processes into the website: what is current, what should be highlighted on the home page, how should email communications for sales be created?
- LinkedIn marketing. Liaise with head of editorial on appropriate content for LinkedIn.
General product management
- Manage the genesis of large reports – what is planned at conception, bring in peer reviewers as required, discuss additional resources that could be required (surveys, new data sources).
- Create early warning system for analysts to flag when they are putting pen to paper to enable Product Management to intervene/suggest changes of approach as appropriate.
- Manage flow of product to avoid bottlenecks – know which analyst or report could be asked to wait...
- Keep overview of Numbers (a team at Redburn that checks data is correct) – do valuation and other tables make sense at a high level, do we think a fair value is credible?
- Keep an eye on EPS changes and that they have been flagged appropriately to clients where material rather than simply uploaded
- Run the “Challenge” process of stale recommendations or recommendations that sales and others believe should be discussed further (“Unified”).