Dow Jones Newswires is looking for a digitally proficient financial journalist to join our Singapore-based team of journalists who help fuel our real-time news and analysis service for financial professionals.
We are looking for a journalist with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage.
- Identify the most important elements of major news releases, send headlines and quickly write stories and essential updates that will provide professional investors with the news and analysis they need in real time.
- Chase and break market-moving news and provide real-time coverage of stock markets in Asia with a close eye on big moves in individual stocks and the factors driving them.
- A strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained inside press releases.
- The ability to convey the news in an efficient and engaging manner to an English-language readership.
- Ideally, a native level of proficiency in Chinese, as the role will focus on news from China and Hong Kong. You will also be called upon to report on other countries in Asia, so abilities in other languages are also desirable.
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment are indispensable.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter and 3-5 samples of company news coverage.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33374