OPIS, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. When you work at OPIS, you'll work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job.
OPIS is seeking Pricing Services Researcher/Analyst to perform quality control and update our pricing database.
Major Responsibilities of Role:
- Uses quantitative or qualitative data collection techniques, analyzes data and prepares reports for presentation
- Process and Transform Data from data sources into internal price database
- Research data accuracy via daily audits of wholesale oil industry pricing
- Contact fuel suppliers and distributors when quality control questions arise
- Assist pricing team quality control through source verification and case analysis
Required Technical Capabilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail, including relevant language skills as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook, with the ability to create basic queries, navigate applications and learn new systems easily. Basic operational experience in SQL Server Mgmt Studio and MS Power BI
- Organization and problem solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers, must be capable of working independently
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 32947