Position: Graphics Editor
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed term (12 months)
Start time: ASAP
Application deadline: Monday July 18th, 9am. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and early applications are recommended.
How to apply: Please send a CV, a cover letter in English and diversity monitoring form and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application: Graphics Editor’ in the subject line by 9am on Monday 18th July.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with China Dialogue as a key member of its growing multimedia team. The graphics editor will work closely with the multimedia managing editor, and wider editorial teams, to grow and develop China Dialogue Trust’s graphics production across all of its sites, producing a wide range of content.
- work with the editorial teams, and in particular the Multimedia Managing Editor, to research, commission, plan and coordinate graphics content for publication;
- coordinate the translation of graphics content and edit translated content;
- work with the Production Manager to prepare multimedia content for online publication, including helping with image research and article layouts as required;
- work with other editors, the Production Manager and the Social Media Officer to develop ideas for high-quality visual elements, primarily graphics including charts, maps and illustrations, and work with freelance designers to deliver such elements when required.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the work and values of the China Dialogue Trust;
- experience commissioning or creating journalistic graphics content such as infographics and illustrations;
- the ability to turn complex information, including data, into straightforward and compelling graphics;
- the ability to develop and maintain a strong network of freelance designers, illustrators and content specialists;
- excellent writing and copyediting skills;
- experience using Adobe Illustrator and web-based data visualisation tools such as Flourish;
- proven interest in and knowledge of environmental and climate change issues;
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- strong project management, problem-solving and cross-cultural communication skills;
- the ability to multitask, work independently and meet strict deadlines;
- native-level English language.
- experience in web publishing;
- interest in and engagement with environment/climate issues;
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills.
You may be asked to perform other duties as required by the Multimedia Editor and your line managers from time to time.