Newsweek is expanding rapidly and looking for an experienced editor who can play a leading role in the worldwide publishing team to help achieve the ambitions of one of the biggest brands in news.
Reporting to the Global Publishing Editor, the Deputy Publishing Editor will help lead the global team of copy editors. The successful candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for publishing during parts of the day.
Whoever is appointed will ensure Newsweek’s high editorial standards are maintained across stories that range from hard breaking news and exclusive investigations to lifestyle coverage and the latest internet trends.
Newsweek’s UK Bureau is based in London Canary Wharf but we are open to the potential of working remotely from any location in the UK.
- Helping lead the copy editing team to ensure consistent, fast and high-quality output in accordance with editorial strategy.
- Helping ensure that all published copy respects Newsweek standards, keeping a close eye out for any legal or ethical issues and protecting the credibility and reputation of Newsweek.
- Helping ensure that copy is elevated as merited to achieve the greatest impact with our audience.
- Managing some of the team of sub-editors directly and ensuring that they meet their goals and their personal potential.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- A track record of outstanding copy editing at a real-time news organisation.
- Experience of managing teams of editors and reporters.
- Experience of performing specific editorial roles within a newsroom.
- A demonstrated record of collaboration with colleagues in other functions and other regions.
- Ability to foster relationships with editorial staff to develop trust and offer constructive advice.