Video Producer, Lifestyle & Entertainment
Newsweek - Remote, United Kingdom
Newsweek is looking to recruit an enthusiastic full-time Video Producer to join our growing video team focusing on editing videos about lifestyle and entertainment news topics. This role is currently functioning remotely in the UK.
We are looking for someone who loves editing digital videos. The candidate wants to find, obtain, produce and edit footage to match stories based on a variety of trending topics, from footage going viral on TikTok, to lifestyle topics like gardening and food, and entertainment like TV, film and celebrity news. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of production, from researching and scripting to editing and producing short text-on-screen videos, primarily for the website but also some for social media. This video producer also works very well with others.
- Research, script, produce and edit several videos per day for stories on our website using Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Work with reporters and editors across different editorial groups to provide coverage for their stories on topics such as lifestyle, entertainment, viral/trending news, technology, science, health and more
- Find and obtain footage to match soft news stories based on internet trends and viral videos. This means reaching out to content creators on social media platforms like TikTok and Snapchat for permission to use their videos
- Pitch new video ideas daily to cover major lifestyle and entertainment news topics as well as long-tail content for the website
- Work closely with the Senior Producer and other video managers to execute matching strategy
- Manage multiple editing schedules and projects of complexity and work successfully under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Role could also involve producing interviews and some original content
- Experience producing short video content for a digital publication at a fast pace
- Proficient video editing skills with Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Awareness of video and editorial content management systems
- Interest and experience in a variety of topics, such as lifestyle, technology, pop culture, trends, science and entertainment
- Familiar with social media platforms like TikTok, Snapchat and Twitter
- Able to work in a team environment and work well with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment
- Must be able to multitask and work collaboratively with editorial teams across platforms and editorial disciplines
- Self starter and eagerness to contribute new ideas
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early morning, nights or weekends, if requested
If this sounds like you, please forward resume, cover letter and links to any available video work with notes on your role in each of them. Thank you.
Equal Opportunity Employer