Spacehouse Ltd is a dynamic media company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
We publish several market leading websites & magazines while also representing a significant media portfolio of print and web-based products for our partner publishers.
We work across diverse sectors such as Environment, Regeneration, Social Care and Local Government. The company was founded in 2000 and over the years the business has grown organically as our reputation has spread.
We are now seeking to recruit a journalist to work 4-5 days a week within the health and social care and communities and local government teams, writing engaging and influential content across www.socialcare.today and www.newstartmag.co.uk
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and write daily news and mini feature stories
- Generate exclusive stories
- Produce editorial content for our bespoke print products
- Interview industry figureheads and leading opinion formers
- Manage the production of newsletters
- Update social media platforms
- Ensure the flow of third-party contributions
- Attend industry events in the UK
- Ensure all copy adheres to media laws and good practice guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- One to two years’ experience preferred although not essential
- Experience or interest in reporting on health, social care or communities and local government would be an advantage
- Experience or interest in B2B publishing would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver clear and engaging copy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining the quality of output
- Knowledge of social media
We are looking for a self-starter with a high personal drive who wants to become a ‘must read’ journalist in our markets. Other attributes include:
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Confidence and ability to work with people at all levels
- Professional outlook
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Sense of humour
- A supportive team environment
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Holiday plus Xmas Closure (Pro Rata)
- Pension Scheme
- We are also willing to consider funding a successful candidate’s NCTJ qualification (or equivalent) if appliable
Location: The role is based at our offices in Macclesfield, Cheshire, with one day of home working a week (subject to change). You may be expected to undertake some travel as part of your work.
Reporting to: The Head of Content
Hours/Duration: This is a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period.
How to apply...
Please email us, including:
- Your CV.
- Current salary
- A covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role and the organisation, and your ideas for further developing our multimedia content.
- A portfolio which includes at least three samples of your work.
For an informal conversation about the role or to request further information please call Chloe Coules – Head of Content – on 07704338277.
We may close applications early if there is a high volume of applications, so please apply early to avoid missing out.
Closing date: Friday 22nd July 2022