Risk.net is seeking an exceptional editor to lead and expand its core risk management coverage.
The risk management editor will assign story ideas to a team of journalists, actively coach them on reporting and writing, and ensure their work meets the highest editorial standards. They will lead by example, reporting and writing stories in addition to assigning them. We’re looking for an experienced editor who can support and develop an established team of journalists and help recruit the next generation of talent to the newsroom.
Risk.net covers complex financial products, institutions and markets. The risk management desk is central to this effort, with a remit that spans everything from bad loans and trading blow-ups to cybercrime and financial stability.
The risk management editor will work closely with the editor-in-chief to set the desk’s editorial agenda and deliver outstanding coverage for our subscribers. The ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about finance, with a talent for bringing complex topics to life, and the ability to combine the best elements of trade and mainstream financial journalism to produce must-read articles that stand out from the crowd.
Risk.net is a rare beast: a financial industry publication that thrives on long-form investigative journalism. Our readers represent the full cross-section of the market, and our reporting reflects this – we speak to the buy- and sell-side, the technology and infrastructure firms that connect them, and the regulators and supervisors that oversee them. This is a great strength, enabling us to piece together complex stories from multiple perspectives and points of view.
Risk.net has a collegiate style – our team of 35 journalists and editors, spread across five editorial desks and three offices, actively collaborate on projects and pool their insights and contacts. We give our journalists the time and resources necessary to produce great stories. Standards are high, but so is management support.
Risk.net is owned by Infopro Digital, a global publishing and events company with over 4,000 employees across 17 countries and annual revenues of over half a billion dollars. Infopro Digital’s financial services unit, known as Risk Global, is a 300-person organisation with offices in London, Hong Kong, New York and Nashville.
- Lead and shape the coverage of the risk management desk
- Manage and inspire a team of journalists based in London, New York and Hong Kong
- Assign and edit news and feature articles on financial risk management
- Contribute news, features and op-eds to the desk
- Use data analytics to monitor engagement and inform coverage choices
- Set goals for the desk, support staff development and drive the team towards success
- Act as an ambassador for the desk, including by speaking and moderating panels at conferences
- Uphold Risk.net’s editorial standards and principles
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a senior financial journalist
- Deep knowledge of the financial industry and its major players
- A talent for identifying, developing and delivering exclusive news and feature articles
- Impeccable writing skills and the ability to express complex ideas clearly and compellingly
- An ability to build, coach and inspire teams of reporters
- Exceptional editorial judgment and attention to detail
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion, and powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
We run a Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Agile/remote working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan