Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks a People Team Generalist to work as a partner to our global business units. The Generalist is an agile thinker who embodies the spirit of our culture by using and supporting our core values; Trust, Service, Integrity, and Excellence.
The People team is uniquely positioned as a partner to our employees and businesses to co-create and develop relationships strategically focused on both people and business goals. Generalists support the evolving needs of the business by supporting People Business Advisors, and helping to coordinate programs for our employees.
Reporting to the Director, People Business Partner, the People Team Generalist
will support the logistical needs of a busy, fast paced People function, support implementation of best practices and cultivation of strong professional relationships and partnerships, leveraging the strengths of Dow Jones' People Centers of Experts to ensure full service support to the business units. In addition, the Generalist will support the work and program efforts of People Business Advisors within their business units.
- Provide support on regional projects to improve the DJ People experience and help identify and drive best practices.
- Work with our Centers of Experts to support annual People management processes and ensure any manual processes are mapped and have a clear owner.
- Provide front line support to employees and managers covering all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Assist People Business Advisors, where appropriate, with the management of probationary periods, absence management such as maternity/paternity leaves, sick leaves, voluntary leaves and off-boarding.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to People Business Advisors.
- Support onboarding of new joiners including document collection, data input, and HR inductions.
- Work with People Centers of Experts to maintain People Information sites - identifying information gaps - while continuing to manage People workflows.
- Work with the People Insights and People Business Advisors teams to facilitate the collection, analysis and maintenance of relevant People data to guide decision-making.
- Support resolution of Employee Relation/Performance Management matters including documentation, coaching managers and terminations.
- Collaborate with the business to support recruiting efforts including posting/managing reqs and facilitating market pricing of roles.
- Attend monthly union committee meetings and partner with People Business Advisors to ensure compliance with the contract.
- 2-4 years of experience in an administrative and/or confidential HR role
- Approachable, confident and credible style of engagement
- Excellent attention to details
- Problem solver and agile learner
- Tech skills including G-Suite and Workday
- Comfortable working with HR information, data collection and reporting requirements
- Proactive team player, flexible, and be able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working in a union environment
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- HR and/or industry certifications preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Req ID: 33130