The Wall Street Journal is seeking a creative and enthusiastic full-time photo editor for WSJ. Magazine. This person will be responsible for pitching original photography and visual content for magazine features.
WSJ. Magazine is a luxury lifestyle publication focused on tastemakers in the worlds of fashion, business and culture, as well as travel destinations and food trends.
The ideal candidate will be expected to produce photo and video shoots, introduce photographers from a diverse range of backgrounds to the magazine and accurately estimate and manage budgets. Candidates must also have a digital, deadline-driven background and be able to work quickly and accurately on a range of subjects. Experience with contemporary portraiture, reportage, conceptual still-life and deep, expedient research skills are also desirable.
This position will report to the executive photo director for WSJ. Magazine and will be based in our New York office.
- Pitch photographers, videographers, and illustrators for a wide range of magazine features.
- Produce photography and video shoots and conduct the necessary photo research.
- Manage accurate and responsible shoot budgets.
- Develop and maintain a network of creators including photographers, directors, multimedia artists, galleries and agencies.
- At least three years of photo editing and research experience for a magazine.
- A passion for innovative photography, video and illustration with a strong visual sensibility.
- Rich knowledge of fashion, magazines, fine art, travel, design and current events.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as an eye for detail and grace under pressure.
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced and nimble digital workflows.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and examples of your work.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33513