The Research Analyst, Coal, Metals & Mining position requires a junior research analyst with 1 to 3 years of experience in researching markets for mining commodities. The Research Analyst, Coal, Metals & Mining is expected to work within the broader McCloskey Research team to perform research, insight and data functions, as well as additional analysis as needed, including contributions to consulting projects.
- Maintain data feeds and databases.
- Collect data from a wide variety of global sources, with very high accuracy and attention to detail. Maintain data in optimal formats that are accessible by research analysts globally. By nature, this includes a portion of manual data entry, particularly for new data feeds, but the successful candidate will be involved in steadily building data automation.
- Contribute to and/or maintain supply-demand balance sheets and price forecasts for mining commodities.
- Engage with clients McCloskey clients, delivering key messages and insights and responding to client queries.
- Analysts will be encouraged to contribute to regular reports and original research, collaborating with the broader Coal, Metals & Mining team, and other groups within OPIS and Dow Jones.
Undergraduate degree in mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics or industry-related field required. Graduate degree with quantitative skills a plus.
At least 2 years of experience in a mining commodity market research, or related.
- Strong numerical and data analytical skills
- Strong writing ability
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Python, PowerBI, Tableau, VBA advantageous.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 32397