Country & Town House is looking for an ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic digital assistant to work within the online editorial team. This is an ideal first job in digital journalism.
Reporting to the Online Editor, the Digital Assistant helps to oversee the website’s smooth running on a day-to-day basis. Main responsibilities include writing news stories and features, sourcing and organising monthly competitions, and supporting the online editorial team.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Pitch, write, edit and publish news stories, competition posts and longer features for the website
- Supporting the online team with story research and building
- Ensuring SEO good practice followed in all online pieces
- Work towards online UU and MPU targets
- Basic photo editing using Photoshop
- Source, organise and manage multiple monthly competitions and seed them across various platforms to encourage referrals
- Sharing articles with relevant parties/platforms to widen readership and help hit targets
- Respond to website enquiries
- Overseeing and managing the upload of print content, from GBB, Hotels Guide and monthly issues – updating C&TH website and social pages monthly to reflect print issue
- Building relationships with PRs
- Assisting & coordinating on podcast & other company projects.
- Attending relevant press and industry events as a representative of Country & Town House as required.
To apply, please send through a CV and cover letter to Ellie Smith.