Beauty and Grooming Tester
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as a Beauty & Grooming Tester to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Country Living and Good Housekeeping. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Content Team to test products across skincare, haircare and beauty electricals for editorial and commercial purposes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities will include:
- To carry out panel testing trials and test products as requested by the Beauty & Grooming Testing Manager while sustaining high testing standards and levels of consistency and analysing results with great accuracy using specialist equipment.
- To build relationships with relevant manufacturers and PR.
- To initiate ideas for testing.
- To deliver content for other parties such as commercial clients, when required.
- Inputting results into our product database.
- To organise and manage the delivery of product samples within pre-agreed testing timescales.
- To be responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness of samples on loan and the test facility in general.
- To check editorial proofs and artwork e.g. factual information, process and stockists.
- To keep up to date with current market trends.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
An ideal candidate:
- Will need to demonstrate practical skills and a passion for beauty products.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to demonstrate good analytical skills and be able to interpret data confidently
- Demonstrate experience of working within a practical testing environment either during university, working for a manufacturer, supplier or retailer
- Excellent interpersonal skills as there will be interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, at all levels.
- Strong organisational and time management skills - be able to multi-task and be a problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work accurately and to deadline.
- Must have a can-do attitude with ability to work under pressure, be enthusiastic and proactive.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.