REPORTING TO Head of Digital
With an editorial background, you are passionate about driving an increase in engagement across all elements of a digital business, and you use data to inform and drive strategies to help you do so.
HELLO! has a huge global audience and your role will be to both develop engagement across all our platforms, but also to help evangelise the power and importance of engagement metrics across the newsroom.
Your tools will include newsletters, push notifications, premium content initiatives, social media and various analytics and data products such as chartbeat. You will work closely with the digital marketing team, the product team and the editorial team to develop this new and very important area of the business.
This is a great position for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a real passion for data and content. You will have many people who will work closely with you initially and there is the potential to shape and build your own team as you see success and as it becomes clear which areas need further resources.
Improvements in our engagement funnel, driving readers from casual, to loyal and then brand lovers will be one measure of success, as will be the increase of newsletter subscribers and readers, the success of push notifications and the creation of communities around key areas of our content focus: royalty, parenting, brides etc.
- Set key metric targets for engagement improvement and create a strategy for achieving targets
- Evangelise engagement metrics within the entire editorial team
- Use tools such as newsletters, push notifications, on-site recirculation modules to drive increase in pages per session
- Work with Head of Digital to create a strategy for increase in loyal users on site
- Creating engaging editorial content with optimised and A/B tested headlines to achieve goals
- Work with Digital Marketing team on strategies around all engagement tools
- Work to increase the number of logged in/registered users using editorial and marketing tools
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- You will have an editorial background, and be confident writing performant and optimised copy and headlines, in a fast-paced environment
- You will have a passion for data and be confident pulling custom reports for Google Analytics and other data platforms like Chartbeat
- You will be a proactive and entrepreneurial individual who enjoys setting targets and achieving them
- You will be comfortable teaching and inspiring other team members to work in a more data-focussed capacity
- You will have experience working with newsletters, building audience and growing an engaged audience
- You will be passionate about the digital media industry and stay up to date with competitor strategies and emerging technologies
Click Apply and send us your CV and covering letter.