Metro.co.uk brings news, sport, analysis, features, opinion, shareable content and everything in-between to a fast-growing global audience and we are now looking for a talented Video Producer to join the team.
The role encompasses sourcing, editing and creating video to be hosted on Metro.co.uk and on social platforms, as part of its 24-hour operation.
Ideal candidates will have experience of sourcing, editing and publishing video in a fast-paced digital news environment.
They will have demonstrable experience in creating video in a variety of ways, re-cutting for multiple platforms, and have a proven track record of being able to spot and source videos from all corners of the internet before competitors know anything about it.
They will also have experience in social content and leading the way with the strongest angles on the best stories as well as dealing with rights management, while understanding that SMO and SEO are at the heart of what we do.
- Sourcing and re-editing the best and most engaging content
- Having an expert eye for spotting the most interesting stories across the web
- Helping to build a strong Metro.co.uk voice across our video output, including social and search
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and other video editing suites
- Shoot experience preferred
- Understanding of legal covenants such as the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media law, copyright law and editorial guidelines in the UK and globally
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team, and, if available, a show reel.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.