Senior News Reporter
MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 200 million monthly unique visitors, is seeking a Senior News Reporter to join the London team and create compelling content for our news website.
You will be responsible for pitching, writing, producing, and curating content of interest to our audience which is distributed widely on social media.
Working closely with the news team your responsibilities will include:
- Produce written content for the website and digital platforms
- The ability to deliver vibrant copy while working to very tight deadlines is crucial
- Ability to generate own news stories, with a keen eye for surfacing compelling content
- Manage workflow and research to deliver stories to tight deadlines
- Coordinate with fellow co-workers to ensure stories will be produced in a timely fashion for deadlines
- Operate content management system for publication of stories
- Monitor analytics and adjust strategy as needed to optimize KPIs
- Produce coverage of significant news events
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
We are looking for professionals with the following:
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Significant newsroom experience – at least two years on a national or large regional title
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to generate own news stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicable knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources
- Must have a passion for research and finding the most interesting information
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
We offer a competitive salary and staff benefits including 24/7 in-house gym, annual travel season ticket loans, company cab service, private healthcare, and many more.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.