Editor, Forecourt Trader
Soaring fuel price inflation, and the fast-evolving transformation needed to serve a new era of electric vehicles, makes this is an incredibly exciting time to be at the beating heart of the UK’s most dynamic retail sector, informing and supporting forecourt and convenience operators on the journey.
Forecourt Trader is the leading information source for this vast and varied retailing community, a highly respected focal point for service station owners and operators, major oil companies, supermarket chains, as well as shop and equipment suppliers.
You will be a driving force in keeping the industry informed and engaged with ongoing developments across a range of media, including print, digital, e-newsletters, social media and industry events, including the sector’s most prestigious awards.
Forecourt Trader provides the latest news and opinions, data, advice and guidance, interviews with the sector’s biggest stars, and behind-the-scenes insight into some of the UK’s best fuel-retailing operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to report on an inspirational and entrepreneurial community that has been driven by intense competition to put itself at the leading edge of convenience retailing, while building ever-more sophisticated and multifarious service station facilities.
We are looking for an experienced multi-media journalist with comprehensive experience of B2B journalism, with a flair for online writing and video/audio production, an excellent grasp of SEO, analytics and content management systems, and social media savviness, as we look to nurture and build communities on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Cover the latest developments in the fuel retailing sector , across fuel and store.
- Commissioning and writing digital and print content to help retailers reach their full potential.
- Delivering compelling multimedia content – including broadcast quality video off the back of industry events and one-on-one interviews.
- Building and maintaining excellent industry contacts – with both retailers and the supplier base serving the sector.
- Managing and developing communities on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Producing and publishing newsletters for the forecourt sector.
- Attending relevant trade events and conferences to build a strong portfolio of editorial contacts and raise the profile of the brand.
- Contributing to special supplements and online events for the forecourt sector.
- Conducting joint business visits with sales team where appropriate to demonstrate brand unity and clearly define editorial standards.
- Collaborating with events, marketing and sales teams on any other projects of potential benefit to the brand within a framework of editorial integrity.
- Working with the digital development director and digital marketing team to develop the brand offer, analysing audience data and adjusting content to meet the evolving need of the sector.
- Work with the Editor at Large to develop the Forecourt Trader brand offer
Required experience and skills
- Trained B2B multimedia journalist and editor with experience of writing, commissioning and editing news and features
- Experience producing multimedia content such as video, podcasts, infographics and image galleries.
- Vibrant networking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Social media savvy
- Understanding of SEO, analytics and content management systems
- Highly collaborative
- Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full driving licence and interest in motoring
Who we are
- We are William Reed.
- We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
- From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
- Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
- For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
- Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy