Associate Editor, My Turn
The Associate Editor will write and source first-person essays for Newsweek’s My Turn section.
You should be well-versed in multiple topics and keen to tell personal stories in a clean and captivating way.
You will be brimming with original ideas for essays on topics such as news, family, careers, health, relationships, culture, science, and property.
You will pursue commissions at the direction of senior editors, but also show initiative by sourcing potential interviewees with fascinating real-life stories to tell.
You will be a confident, well-organized writer, and comfortable working to tight deadlines.
We are open to candidates working remotely from anywhere in the UK
- Writing first-person essays for publication on Newsweek.com
- Finding and researching original ideas and securing exclusive interviews.
- Sourcing potential commissions and reviewing essays.
- Any other reasonable responsibilities to meet the needs of the business.
- Candidates will ideally have editorial experience in a relevant position
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and online journalism
- Flexible hours
- Experience working in features and/or opinion is ideal but not essential