Leave your mark as a journalist on the defining story of our time: Clean Energy Wire CLEW is offering a rare opportunity to report on all aspects of the move to climate neutrality in Germany and Europe. Stories on this epochal change range from business and jobs to environment and culture, from politics to social acceptance and urban planning around the continent.
With a team of 12 media professionals, Clean Energy Wire works to keep international journalists and energy experts in the loop on the big stories and supports media from all over the world in their reporting.
Since its online start in 2014, interest in the Clean Energy Wire’s work has increased strongly. We have some 5,000 subscribers to our newsletters. Stories in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Sky News, CNN, El País and many others linked to our reporting on www.cleanenergywire.org. Our global network is growing, with more than 300 journalists connecting via the CLEW Network. We offer training, networking events and on-the-ground reporting opportunities, linking the stories on Europe’s move to climate neutrality.
As a non-profit organisation, we are funded by Stiftung Mercator and the European Climate Foundation, which ensures our independence from political and business interests.
Clean Energy Wire is looking for a committed journalist with strong online-publishing and social media skills to work in a highly motivated team as Correspondent m/f/d - Berlin
Main duties include:
- keeping track of all developments in German and EU-related energy and climate policy
- writing daily news articles, factsheets and longer-format pieces on energy and climate policy
- using all means of modern online publishing and social media to reach our audiences
- supporting colleagues from other media in their reporting with research and contacts
This job requires:
- at least three years of experience as a professional journalist
- a good understanding of German and EU energy and climate politics and its players
- a proven ability to work with great precision and to research facts meticulously
- the ability to work independently as a self-starter and quick learner in a tightly-knit team
- a strong grasp of German and the ability to write professional copy in English
- work in one of the most important, diverse and exciting subjects of our times
- room to develop and implement own ideas in a flexible and collegial environment
- the opportunity to support and shape coverage of energy transitions globally
- a place to work in one of the most sought-after areas of Berlin with great flexibility
- fixed-term employment contract until 31. December 2026
Please upload a cover letter including your salary expectations and earliest starting date, CV, work samples and other relevant material. Deadline for application is August 10 2022. If you have further questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call the CLEW office at +49 30 62848597.