Acting Senior Beauty Writer - (1 Year FTC) - Cosmopolitan
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Acting Senior Beauty Writer to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Cosmopolitan is the leading monthly glossy magazine for young women and one of the most respected digital media brands in the country. We reach our readers wherever they are, be that in print, online, on social or with video.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this digital-first role you will be responsible for creating industry-leading beauty content across all of Cosmopolitan’s platforms (digital, video, social and print). As well as contributing to the daily beauty news and features output online (including creating e-commerce led galleries and articles, SEO targeted content and unique features that speak directly to our audience), you will take a central role in Cosmopolitan’s beauty video and social franchises, including pitching new ideas and producing original on-camera content.
This role will also include developing a network of key beauty PR contacts, to ensure Cosmopolitan receives exclusive access to key talent, product launches and industry experts.
You’ll work closely with the beauty team and may be required to represent Cosmopolitan at events with external parties (both in and out of office hours).
- A proven track record of writing traffic-driving, shareable beauty content for a digital brand.
- The ability to write quickly, while retaining quality, legal safety and factual accuracy, as well as the witty, conversational tone our readers love and share is essential.
- Be immersed in the world of beauty – from an awareness of the latest industry happenings to product launches and global social media trends.
- Have a keen interest in wider issues and movements within beauty, along with a desire to push boundaries and create content that drives the industry forward.
- A basic understanding of media law as it relates to image rights and defamation considerations.
- Experience in creating content for video and social media.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other analytics platforms to track trends, digest data and build reports is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid working model – 2 days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.