Sex and Relationships Editor - Cosmopolitan
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Sex and Relationships Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this digital-first role you will be responsible for leading the creation of our award-winning Love & Sex content across all platforms. As well as overseeing the daily news and features output online (including creating and commissioning e-commerce led galleries and articles, SEO targeted content and unique features that speak directly to our audience), you will contribute to print, social, video and be the face of all things Sex and Relationships across the Cosmopolitan brand.
This will include maintaining and building our LGBTQ+ content, working on cross-platform ideas and brand extensions, and ensuring Cosmopolitan remains known for its innovative, forward-thinking sex and relationships content.
You’ll work closely with the Features Director and Executive Editor to ensure this content works across both print and digital, as well as serving commercial needs, while leading the Love & Sex e-commerce strategy.
- You will have experience writing, editing and commissioning news and features, and experience working in digital media with an excellent understanding of SEO, analytics and e-commerce.
- Experience at a large media brand and/or in a features role, is ideal but not essential.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about sex, relationships and dating trends, and who is brimming with ideas on how to continually be serving our reader with content that educates and entertains them.
- You’ll be open-minded, inclusive and willing to explore new topics, test products and write first-person pieces when required, as well as having a keen eye for data and be able to build and maintain our SEO strategy.
- You’ll work closely with external contacts, PRs and writers, to ensure that Cosmopolitan’s Love and Sex content covers the broad range of interests our reader has, and balances their varied needs from commissioning comment and features pieces based on current talking points, to building our LGBTQ+ content.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid working model – 2 days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.