Senior Marketing Executive (up to £35,000)
Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,000 people across eight divisions. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 75million global passionate consumers each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services. Immediate was named the UK’s Best Place to Work by Glassdoor in 2022.
Radio Times is the UK's leading authority on television and radio and the world's longest-running television and radio magazine. In addition, we're the best-selling quality magazine in the UK, with the most significant number of print subscribers!
We're looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to take the lead on the day to day marketing of the magazine, special issue promotional campaigns, partnerships, events, podcasts and other projects to support the Head of Brand, as well as the wider publishing and editorial teams, to help to shape the brand proposition and future marketing initiatives.
About the role:
- Managing and implementing an annual marketing plan, running promotions, competitions and special offers in the magazine and online.
- End-to-end marketing campaign management: using full marketing mix to create innovative and compelling campaigns to promote the Radio Times brand; including partnerships, events and special issue campaigns (e.g. the Radio Times Christmas issue) and Radio Times podcasts.
- Identifying opportunities and strategies to target and convert new readers to purchase, using owned and paid media, email, social media, OOH, TV, Radio, PPC and other routes.
- Analysing campaign data to optimise and inform future activity.
- Regularly reporting on campaign performance to the Head of Brand and wider stakeholder group.
- P&L management - working with finance teams and Head of Brand to create and manage accurate reporting and marketing budget.
- Working with legal, data and finance teams to ensure up-to-date financial reporting, creating contracts and ensuring compliance on all marketing comms and offers.
- Branding and communications – ensuring house-style is adhered to across all touchpoints; writing compelling and accurate copy, with a particular focus on email and social media channels.
- Developing social media marketing strategies to support the Radio Times brand; tailoring content for different channels and audiences; managing paid and organic weekly content, as well as special campaigns.
- Writing, building, scheduling and analysing weekly emails and ad-hoc/campaign sends.
- Working with internal and external teams and managing stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Securing, managing and negotiating value-adding partnerships, both within Immediate Media and with 3rd parties, including media agencies, publishers, brands, retailers and grocers; identifying opportunities for new collaborations to benefit the RT brand.
- Briefing in-house partners including creative, social media/advertising and video teams.
- Event marketing and operational events management.
- Administrative duties, including invoicing, answering reader/user quieries and providing ad hoc support to the reader services team.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours for special projects and during peak busy periods.
As well as being passionate, creative and organised, the ideal candidate should have significant relevant marketing experience at Marketing Executive level and be comfortable leading campaigns using a broad range of marketing channels.
You'll need to analyse and present campaign results, budget for and optimise future campaigns. The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise workload is paramount, and you must be comfortable working well under pressure.
- Significant experience in a Marketing Executive role or equivalent.
- Confident in running marketing campaigns using a range of marketing channels and techniques.
- Understanding of a wide range of marketing channels and tactics, and direct experience in using several channels/ tools.
- Experience planning and creating social media content, and using scheduling tools (e.g. Emplifi) to organise and analyse.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- CRM experience, including creating and scheduling brand emails using Adestra/another email provider; working with data teams to create target lists; understanding of GDPR.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Close attention to detail, strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritise workload and be calm under pressure.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- A relaxed working environment with regular socials including a summer festival
- Immediate Community webinars including Yoga, exercise, cooking classes and so much more!
- 25 Days holiday plus a day for your birthday and a company day
- A progressive and transparent culture with clear career progression
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive pension plans
- Life Assurance
- A newly renovated modern office with lots of collaborative spaces
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative, and dynamic culture. This encourages our people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed, and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment, and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of all our values and leadership behaviours to ensure Immediate remains a place where everyone feels included and empowered;
We succeed together
We enjoy the ride
We are bold
We never settle
We get on with it
People are at the heart of our business and creating a diverse and inclusive working environment is extremely important to us. Immediate is an equal opportunities employer. We will never treat anyone less favourably because of their sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital/civil partnerships, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief or disability. We are also committed to supporting applications from those who are returning to work following a career break, maternity leave or caring responsibilities.