Overview of Role
The role will be split 80 – 90% of the time focused on production of editorial and management of content on the trade market websites and 10 – 20% of the time on organising bespoke webinars and in-person events. Time splits may vary in any given week, with all time spent on editorial projects in one month and the following a more equal 50/50% split.
Key duties of Reporter role
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Editor and be responsible for:
- Establishing contact and forging relationships with senior industry personalities and their press relations and marketing teams, to generate written, phone/video interview, or podcast perspectives for Insurance-Investor.com and FundOperator.com
- Ad hoc management of special editorial projects, conducting background research and writing summaries of industry developments, which are driven by industry stakeholders (investment groups, regulators, and government or international bodies)
- Editing, proofreading, and publishing articles on the website
- Interviewing contributors to Clear Path Analysis reports and events, for use on both websites as well as for pre-event marketing promotion
Key duties of Content Producer role
The following duties relate to production of bespoke reports and webinars, involving 10 or fewer speakers/panellists:
- Undertaking initial research based on a brief provided for a given report/event, researching the key issues the report/event must address, via desk and phone research
- Liaising with existing contacts as well as identifying, via desk and phone research, new potential contributors to the report Inviting key persons to contribute to the reports
- Hosting roundtable debates
- Interviewing high level contributors
- Proofreading roundtable transcripts in preparation for publication
- Report agenda copywriting
- Website copywriting
- Contributing to the generation of new report ideas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in conference production with a significant emphasis on copywriting or/and journalism involving significant proportions of time spent interviewing individuals
- Have worked with one or more institutional finance publication and be familiar with some of the industry language. If no experience with institutional finance media, then experience in other B2B media would be seen as a strong positive
- Have training and developed skills in social media writing and/or data visualisation graphics
- Be accustomed to speaking with editorial targets and ‘selling’ new ideas and concepts to others
- Be experienced in writing high quality copy to an outstanding standard of written English
- Have a proven record of meeting targets
- Be creative in their thinking and flexible to work on multiple projects simultaneously that may focus on very different subjects.
This role is ideal for someone that is looking for the opportunity to expand their skill base and be part of an editorial project that is intended to grow over time.
Background to the Business
Clear Path Analysis has established itself as a leading provider of peer-to-peer content media for the institutional finance sector.
The business owns two market insight websites, Insurance-Investor.com and FundOperator.com, which offer senior executives in the insurance and investment management industry insights into latest opinions, key trends, and market changes that help key decisions be made and industry evolution happen.
Alongside the two websites, Clear Path Analysis currently organises on an annual basis:
- 9 industry summits made up of 14 individual forums 8 bespoke webinars and market studies
Having established a unique style of peer-to-peer content, a model driven by influential industry contributors, the business is seeking to grow and strengthen its portfolio of media to capture market share and consolidate its position as a market leader in the chosen sectors.