Location: South Asia
Position: Regional Multimedia Editor (South Asia)
Contract type: Fixed-term (12 months)
Salary: $900 per month
Start time: ASAP
How to apply: Submit a CV, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application: South Asia Regional MM Editor’ in the subject line by 9am BST on Monday, 15th August. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and early applications are recommended.
Details of role:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the China Dialogue Trust as a key member of its growing multimedia team. The Regional Multimedia Editor for South Asia will work closely with the Multimedia Managing Editor and wider editorial teams to grow and develop the China Dialogue Trust’s multimedia offering, with a special focus supporting the South Asia team.
- Work with the Multimedia Managing Editor and South Asia editorial team to develop ideas for high-quality multimedia content (including photos, videos, podcasts and graphics);
- Work with colleagues to research, commission, plan, produce and coordinate this multimedia content for online publication;
- Coordinate the translation of multimedia content and edit translated content as required;
- Work with the South Asia editorial team to prepare multimedia content for online publication, including helping with image research and article layouts as required;
- Work with the South Asia editorial team and Social Media Officers to develop social media versions of multimedia content;
- Help with multimedia content for the China Dialogue Trust’s other editorial teams as required.
You may be asked to perform other duties as required by the Multimedia Managing Editor and your line managers from time to time.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the work and values of the China Dialogue Trust;
- Experience commissioning or creating journalistic multimedia content, especially graphics such as maps, simple interview videos and photo stories;
- Ability to turn complex information, including data, into straightforward and compelling multimedia content;
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong network of freelancers and content specialists, especially in the South Asia region;
- Experience using the Adobe suite as well as web-based data visualisation tools such as Flourish;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong project management, problem-solving and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent English language skills.
- Experience in web publishing;
- Native-level language skills in a South Asian language;
- Interest in, and knowledge of, environmental and climate change issues;
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills.