Risk management reporter, Risk.net
Editorial, Full time
Would you like to report on everything that goes wrong in the financial sector – and how to avoid it? Risk.net is seeking an energetic and insightful reporter to cover risk management, based in central London.
The risk management reporter will share responsibility for Risk.net’s coverage of topics ranging from cyber-hacking to money-laundering, and from rogue traders to board-level governance failures.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about finance and technology, with a talent for bringing complex topics to life, and the ability to combine the best elements of trade and mainstream financial journalism to produce must-read articles that stand out from the crowd. They should be equally adept at breaking news and writing in-depth, long-form features. A proven ability to build and maintain strong source relationships is a must.
Risk.net covers financial products, institutions and markets. The risk management desk is central to this effort, with a remit that spans the risks stemming from financial markets, credit and operations around the globe.
Risk.net is a rare beast: a financial industry publication that thrives on long-form investigative journalism. Our readers represent the full cross-section of the market, and our reporting reflects this – we speak to banks and asset managers, the technology and infrastructure firms that connect them, and the regulators and supervisors that oversee them. This is a great strength, enabling us to piece together complex stories from multiple perspectives and points of view.
Risk.net has a collegiate style – our team of 35 journalists and editors, spread across five editorial desks and three offices, actively collaborate on projects and pool their insights and contacts. We give our journalists the time and resources necessary to produce great stories. Standards are high, but so is management support.
Risk.net is owned by Infopro Digital, a global publishing and events company with over 4,000 employees across 17 countries and annual revenues of over half a billion dollars. Infopro Digital’s financial services unit, known as Risk Global, is a 300-person organisation with offices in London, Hong Kong, New York and Nashville.
- Be part of a team covering risk management in the financial sector
- Cultivate industry sources to generate a steady stream of news leads
- Contribute news, profiles and feature articles to Risk.net
- Collaborate with journalists and editors across our five editorial desks and three international bureaus
- The role would suit an early career reporter with experience of writing on finance, law or technology.
- Knowledge of the financial industry and its major players a plus.
- Impeccable writing skills and a knack for explaining complex topics in plain English. An ability to write with flair and, when appropriate, a sense of humour would be a bonus!
- A keen eye for detail and nuance.
- A willingness to learn about a broad range of financial topics.
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion, and powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
We run a Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible and hybrid working based on employee needs.
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Agile/remote working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan