Newsweek, U.S. Sports & Pop Culture Reporter
Newsweek is looking for a U.S. sports & pop culture to join our London team.
Reporting to our Entertainment Editor, we’re looking for a standout candidate who can focus on the biggest sporting personalities, rather than covering specific games themselves.
The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of writing about major sports stars for an American audience, from Steph Curry to Simone Biles, Patrick Mahomes to Megan Rapinoe.
They will have in-depth knowledge of the most engaging sports stars online, and be familiar with using various social media platforms to find and identify appropriate stories for our U.S. audience.
They will be able to source, pitch, and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Our office is based in London but we are definitely open to the potential of working from home.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several news stories each day
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a sports reporting role for a reputable organization.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. sports.
- Familiarity with the biggest sports stars on various social media platforms.
- Well-versed in journalism best practices and ethics.
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
Must be able to work flexible hours