Dow Jones recently launched Buy Side from WSJ, a new commerce offering within The Wall Street Journal brand. This is a separate content team and product that aims to help readers make the best purchasing decisions in their personal and financial lives. It is powered by our mission to serve our readers with trusted information to make decisions.
Buy Side from WSJ is seeking an enterprising Editorial and Product Operations Coordinator to join our staff. The Coordinator will work across the Buy Side team to ensure we efficiently produce our review content and monetize opportunities through affiliate linking. We are looking for a proactive candidate who can identify future opportunities to scale.
- Manage logistics of ordering and fulfilling items for reviews articles, photo shoots and other editorial purposes. Sign for new products upon arrival and keep detailed, up-to-date inventory of products included in in-house storage space.
- Support and work directly with the editorial team in the workflow for product testing. This includes monitoring the tracking and shipping logistics of a large volume of merchandise delivered on site or to freelance writers for testing, storing products, and managing timely returns to vendors.
- Assembly and dis-assembly of products prior to and following product reviews and photo shoots.
- As the commerce team grows, working with building facilities to accommodate the growing team (including temporary workers) and product testing needs in-office.
- Organize and keep an up-to-date record of all product details within a digital database, tracking as they are moved from various stages within external and internal workflows and working closely with writers, photographers and business leads.
- Partner with various departments including the editorial team, product & technology team, marketing, business development, logistics and facilities
- Work in the CMS to ensure all product information is accurate, updating editorial content with product details at publication and as products change
- Work with partner's systems and tools to monetize links
- Support the social and marketing teams to create an ongoing pipeline of promotional content and build processes to manage ongoing content
- Liaise with members of the affiliate team to monetize in-line links throughout stories
- Passionate about consumer goods and/or financial products
- Experience in business operations and logistics
- Experience balancing the priorities of internal senior stakeholders and the commerce team
- Proficiency with G-Suite & Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a CMS and other digital editorial systems to store content and imagery
- Able to work in an intricate database system and to identify opportunities to improve data capture
- A positive attitude, an open mind and the ability to quickly pivot as needed
- Resourceful, self-motivated, solution-driven and willing to take initiative
- Comfortable working in highly matrixed organizations and creating process from the ground up
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- This position is required to be based in NYC area and be in-office as needed
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Business Operations Group
Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34102