IHS Markit Chemical is the leader in bringing understanding and insight to the chemical industry through in-depth and comprehensive analysis. Within the chemicals practice, the olefins group sits at the crossroads of the extensive upstream business and the accumulated knowledge found in the downstream organisation. You will be working in Europe, the Middle East and Africa Olefins Team in London, UK. This small team covers olefins and derivative markets and is responsible for several monthly and annual publications. We are the leaders in market insights and intelligence and have a key role in providing the understanding our clients need to run their businesses.
The role is critical for the IHS Markit Olefins team and specifically for the Europe/Middle East Light Olefins Services giving analytical and client support to all aspects of the group's activities. In this role, the candidate will be working closely with the senior members of the team in all aspects of the business. The right candidate will gain deep insight into the olefins industries, bringing critical support to the group's experts and experienced analysts, and contribute to the development and growth of the olefins business in the broad EMEA region. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and develop complex analytical models
- Carrying out ad-hoc analysis and development
- Ensuring tools, charts and tables supporting publications are current and presentable
- Provide clients with support on market and planning services.
- A master/bachelor's degree in technical subject, e.g. chemical engineering, chemistry
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and keen to progress.
- Native or fluent English (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge and experience of the olefins market is highly beneficial
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office application, especially Excel
- Experience in database and/or LP modelling an advantage
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS-CMA
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34136