Dow Jones recently launched Buy Side from WSJ, a new commerce offering within The Wall Street Journal brand. This is a separate content team and product that aims to help readers make the best purchasing decisions in their personal and financial lives. It is powered by our mission to serve our readers with trusted information to make decisions.
The marketplace for goods and services has never been complex. WSJ's new Commerce initiative, Buy Side from WSJ, guides readers to make smart, informed decisions on what to buy. Our readers are discerning, thoughtful and are looking for value for their money. They see the Journal as a trusted source, and content in this area must meet a high standard of journalism.
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial editor to take an active role in growing this new site. In this full-time position, you will assign and edit SEO-informed stories and keep commerce stories up to date. You will also assign stories to freelancers and write articles for the site. This involves researching product categories and interviewing a variety of experts for their advice and product recommendations. You will also review some products first-hand, following our in-house methodology. Your duties may include managing contract, temp or intern staff as well.
You're a person who cares about helping people make great product and money decisions. The ideal candidate is a motivated and nimble self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to easily pivot. You like working as part of a team and coming to the office part of the work week with flexibility of days. You should be proficient in SEO optimization, digital-publishing best practices and social analytic tools.
- Have expertise on the topics you're most versed in, while bringing curiosity and a keenness to learn the topics that are newer to you.
- Identify new coverage areas and contribute story ideas
- Write, assign and edit informative and engaging stories
- Write copy for the site's social channels
- 5+ years experience working as a journalist, including some commerce content experience
- Knowledge of personal finance and/or consumer goods categories
- Reporting skills and the ability to identify and vet expert sources
- Experience assigning, editing and writing service journalism content
- Experience using SEO insights to identify new content areas and to improve the performance of articles
- Efficient researcher and writer able to deliver content that is both helpful and engaging and meet deadlines
- Ability to produce well-reported, clean, publish-ready articles
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong command of social media
- College degree preferred
Candidates should submit links to their editorial work alongside their resume
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34101