Editorial Assistant – Build It magazine
Recruiter: Castle Media
Location: Hammersmith, London
Sector: Consumer Publication, Magazine
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Build It magazine is looking for an assistant editor with strong writing skills, an eye for design and enthusiasm for the homes market. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a small, innovative team that’s passionate about delivering high-quality content for its readers.
Build It is a monthly consumer magazine aimed at people building or renovating their own homes. Your role will be principally focused on the magazine, assisting the editorial team and producing news stories, regular features and some in-depth articles. You will also write for the website and support the team’s flourishing awards scheme and live exhibitions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all-round editorial skills (writing, editing, sub-editing and proofing), good research skills, a flair for producing engaging copy and a knack for getting sometimes technical messages across in an easy-to-digest format.
Experience with Adobe InDesign would be preferable.
- Research, collate and source images for the magazine’s inspiration pages and our regulars (e.g. Land for Sale)
- Organise and interview experts for the Architect’s View page
- Produce in-depth features as required, and source high-quality images to illustrate them
- Assist editorial team with subbing, proofing and general admin during the production cycle
- Generate creative ideas for new, engaging content that will connect with our readers
- Assist editorial team with content for supplements
- Contribute to the magazine’s website
- Support the brand’s industry-leading Awards scheme and the Build It Live shows, and represent the magazine at other key industry events
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter stating why you believe you would suit the position, plus your current salary, to email@example.com by 2nd September, quoting ‘Editorial Assistant’ in the subject line. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.