MailOnline is looking for a multi-skilled Video Producer / Editor to join our London video team based at High Street Kensington. This is a fantastic opportunity for a producer to further develop script-writing and video editing skills in a fast-paced media setting, working for an industry leader with a 16.1 million worldwide readership.
Ideal candidates will have experience of writing scripts, sourcing, editing and publishing video in a digital news environment. Some voiceover and presenting experience is preferred but not essential.
They will have demonstrable experience in storytelling, as well as producing and creating video in a variety of ways, re-cutting for multiple platforms.
Can recognize opportunities for visual storytelling, and are able to work with a graphics team/animator to bring them to life.
They will also have experience in social content and leading the way with the strongest angles on the best stories as well as dealing with rights management.
· Having an expert eye for spotting the most interesting stories across the web
· Writing engaging scripts for a variety of different types of news content, ie news, health, entertainment
· Sourcing and editing the best and most engaging video
· Helping to build a strong MailOnline / DailyMail.com voice across our video output
· Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and other video editing suites
· Presenting experience preferred
· Understanding of legal covenants such as the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media law, copyright law and editorial guidelines in the UK and globally
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.