The Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group, The TRUST, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, editors and developers. The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more. This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position that will work across various clients and in-house brands including The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, Moneyish, and more.
The Senior Producer will report to the Director of Production and work with a team of producers, video editors, and freelancers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the creation of the highest quality original creative content and narratives
- Help pitch creative ideas regularly and in response to briefs
- Build and develop a strong external network of freelancers, agencies and directors to cover our various commissioned works. Be aware of market prices and negotiate and challenge where necessary
- Run a detailed and comprehensive planning schedule and establish a critical path and workflow to project manage end-to-end video production
- Own the communication with all stakeholders to manage video projects from end to end
- Ensure visual quality and accuracy of details are paramount throughout
- Define, manage and develop projects on schedule and within budget
- Manage multiple production jobs at the same time from concept, hiring, project planning, directors, casting, and post-production
- Manage the internal relationship with our legal team to ensure we have appropriate contracts & licensing within international legal boundaries
- Lead on-set production when necessary
- 10 years experience in a busy, production role is desirable.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- An experienced, creative video producer with a strong knowledge of luxury, travel, finance, CPG, Tech and TMT, in both editorial and branded content
- A proven track record and comprehensive knowledge of video production for multiple platforms, with technical knowledge of production, video formats and editing
- A brimming contacts book of global directors, production and crew, aligned to the standard of the Wall Street Journal brand
- Experience negotiating with production and talent representatives
- A strategic thinker with a strong knowledge and understanding of the global digital state of play of video
- Highly self-motivated, problem solver and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to excel within the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing company
- Knowledge and understanding of copyright legislation and contractual processes
- A proven track record in high-level creative concepts
- Experience of working with creative and commercial teams and managing expectations all round in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills & interpersonal skills. An enthusiastic, organised and personable team player
- Experience in working with video publishing platforms such as YouTube and more
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Apple Colour or other grading suites
- Knowledge of cameras and lighting kit.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34141