Health Reporter (12-month FTC)
MailOnline London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
MailOnline, the world's largest English-language newspaper website with over 200 million monthly unique visitors globally, is looking for an experienced and talented health reporter to join the London team on a 12-month contract.
At a time when Covid-19 has taken over the news agenda and affected our lives in ways we thought unimaginable, it is our focus to keep informing our readers on all health-related matters.
Suitable candidates will currently be working as reporters on national or well-established local newspapers or websites with an impressive track record of finding and breaking exclusive health stories of national and global interest.
- Ability to read complex scientific papers, understand them enough to turn it into engaging copy, and pick out important caveats that need to be addressed
- A solid contacts book, full of experts from different medical fields who can assist in answering queries and providing reaction
- A broad knowledge of all medical matters (essential)
- Competent ability at sifting through raw data and spreadsheets to produce engaging numbers-led stories
- Ability to work self-sufficiently, generate own health stories and contribute newsworthy stories to the daily health news list
- The role is largely news-led, but an ability to write moving real-life features when required is important
Previous digital experience is essential, although full training will be provided.
In addition to a competitive salary package, staff benefits are also included.
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability is essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.