MailOnline London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
MailOnline, the world’s largest newspaper website with 189 million monthly unique visitors globally, is looking for a talented and experienced graphic designer to join the London bureau.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in editing picture content and coordinating picture coverage in a fast-paced 24-hour digital news environment.
- Strong background in news and showbusiness picture content is desirable
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines with the focus on sourcing, editing and packaging picture content to the highest standard
- Experience in Photoshop and creating graphics
- Familiar with FTP software
- A good contacts book with knowledge of regional, national and international picture agencies is desirable
- Confidence in negotiating exclusives and managing agency relationships
- Good technical knowledge of picture management and web publishing systems
- Understanding of legal covenants such as the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media law, copyright law and editorial guidelines in the UK and globally
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the role.