The Deputy SEO Editor will monitor SEO trends, write and assign stories, and help to plan coverage for upcoming events.
The successful candidate will use SEO tools to identify trending topics and pitch original ideas based on search. You will be aware of the latest trending shows and films, and come up with original ideas for coverage and interviews.
You will also assist the Senior SEO Editor to grow and develop new areas of Newsweek’s coverage.
This position will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
As the team grows, you may be required to manage direct report(s).
Our office is based in London but we are definitely open to the potential of working from home anywhere in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- Write stories based on trending search terms
- Offer advice to journalists on optimizing stories for search
- Assist with forward planning
- Help develop new ideas and areas to cover
- Support the Senior SEO Editor in managing day to day assignments and filling in for them when they are absent
- Candidates will have editorial experience in a relevant position
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge and experience with SEO tools
- Sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law
- Strong knowledge and interest in TV and film
- Professional and productive under pressure
- Equipped with a catalog of entertainment contacts