Newsweek is seeking a full-time News Reporter (US) to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of U.S. news and how to write engaging stories for an American audience.
The U.S. news reporter will be responsible for writing up breaking news stories, conducting original interviews and obtaining exclusives.
The candidate will be able to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom. They will also be adept at monitoring social media and Google trends to find and identify stories and topics of interest for a U.S. audience.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
Starting midday, the successful candidate will work a later shift for the London News team working alongside the US News team until the evening.
Place of Work:
Our office is based in London but you will have the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK.
- Pitch and write several news stories each day
- Research and write original stories and features
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Familiarity of using social media and Google trends to find stories
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours