The OPIS Pricing Journalist will be responsible for collecting and analyzing pricing information for Asia-Pacific energy markets. The position requires reporting on oil pricing and fundamentals as well as creating news alerts relevant to the oil industry.
- Research and report on new developments in Asia-Pacific energy markets.
- Network and develop sources in the oil and gas markets.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Generate breaking and feature news alerts on Asia-Pacific's energy markets
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and publish OPIS reports, when necessary and applicable.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years journalism experience, preferably in the environmental sector.
- Strong communication, writing, and networking skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of commodity markets is ideal, though you should have the curiosity and willingness to learn about industry trends and be able to break down complex regulatory and market issues into accurate and easily understood content.
- Ability for source development and market engagement. Familiarity with existing industry contacts is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent standard.
- Ability to analyze data and market drivers quickly. Good knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34049