Due to recent expansion, we have an excellent opportunity for a new or recent graduate to join a small publishing business specialising in the legal sector. Our main products are Local Government Lawyer (www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk), Development Lawyer (www.developmentlawyer.co.uk) and Public Law Jobs (www.publiclawjobs.co.uk).
The role will be primarily administrative initially but offers the opportunity for the right person to get involved in writing, production and research in due course following the path of the previous two postholders.
Training will be provided but experience of using content management systems, Microsoft Office and media production software (Adobe) would be an advantage.
Experience of or interest in legal issues and/or the public sector is an advantage but not essential.
The job is based at our office near Waterloo Station but a degree of hybrid working may be available once less supervision is required.
· Uploading job adverts to website.
· Creating basic banner ads for jobs and events.
· Uploading relevant upcoming events to events calendar.
· Uploading proofing of feature and news articles to main websites.
· Finding relevant webinar recordings that are of interest to our readers and gaining permission to feature them. Uploading to website.
· Building and maintaining a network of contacts from possible advertisers of events/webinars.
· Sourcing appropriate images for feature articles from photo libraries.
· Compiling and proofing weekly Job and Events email alerts to subscribers.
· Laying out and proofreading editorial newsletters.
· Maintaining the jobs, contacts and advertiser databases.
· Responding to data requests from advertisers.
· Researching, compiling and maintaining reader and advertiser databases.
· Uploading surveys and sending out invitations to participants.
· Recruitment Market Report.
· Covering the occasional news story.
· Finding stories worth covering.
· Monitoring legal services contracts using and writing up contract stories as they occur.
Please include a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what experience of any kind you can bring to the job.
Please address any questions to the publisher Derek Bedlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22nd August 2022 (we reserve the right to close the recruitment process early if sufficient applications are received)
Interviews: Late August 2022