Are you a creative media professional seeking a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the climate crisis by working with an innovative global think tank? If so, we want to hear from you!
InfluenceMap is a world-renowned non-profit organization working on cutting-edge climate and sustainability issues. We are best known for the LobbyMap platform, which analyzes corporate lobbying on climate policy. Our work has been featured in the media globally, used by hundreds of investors, and informed numerous campaigns. Other workstreams include the FinanceMap platform. With offices in London, New York, Tokyo, and Seoul, joining InfluenceMap means the opportunity to be part of a growing, friendly, and dynamic team, where you will work with our global network of partners and help develop our cutting-edge content, shaping the climate crisis agenda.
We are seeking a Press Officer to join and support our teams and content with media engagement, promotion and eventually, ownership of our media engagement program. You will play a central role in driving the expansion of our outreach and building our network of partners and contacts in global media. You will ensure consistent tone, style, and language throughout the content generation process, and maintain and fully utilize software-based systems to support our communications function. You will also play a major role in our social media, ensuring it is synched with our house style and ongoing media coverage. You will work in close collaboration with our content and engagement teams, our Director of Communications & Engagement, our Operations Manager, our Digital Marketing Officer and the Executive Director.
This is an exciting and influential position with a world-leading organization deploying enhanced analysis, communications and media placement to solving the climate crisis. You will receive full training from our best-in-class group of analysts and managers to help you understand our work and craft our media messaging and engagements.
- This position would suit a candidate in their early career with at least 2 years of demonstrable experience in PR, selling content and narratives to media (global media preferred).
- Fluency and a proven track record in generating and communicating verbal and written media communications with a range of business, financial and mainstream media outlets.
- Excellent internet skills and experience in common software packages (MS Office, Dropbox, Salesforce, Mailchimp) is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills and a keen eye for detail.
A knowledge of our work area (climate change/finance/business) is useful, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Details and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position, starting as soon as possible
- Salary from £32K dependent on experience
- 24 days of annual leave per year and an extra day of paid holiday after each year of service (capped at 29 days)
- Extra 3 paid days Christmas closure
- Private Health Insurance, including dental and optical
- Bike2Work scheme + frequent social events
If you are excited about this role, but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or have transferable skills that would be valuable to our team.
If you are passionate about making a difference on the climate crisis agenda and want to work in a mission-driven, highly analytical, data-orientated organization, we invite you to apply for this role.
Please prepare a resume (maximum 2 pages and including reference contacts), and cover letter and apply through the link below.
The closing date for applications is the end of 23 November 2023. Early applications are encouraged and will be processed as received.