Newsweek is seeking a freelance news reporter to work with our London bureau on a flexible basis.
You will have detailed knowledge of U.S. news and how to write engaging stories for an American audience.
You will write breaking and original news stories, conduct interviews and obtain exclusives.
You will be able to source, pitch and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom. You will also be adept at monitoring social media and Google trends to find and identify stories and topics of interest for a U.S. audience.
You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
You will be offered work on various days (including weekends) as per the needs of the bureau which you may accept on a mutually agreeable basis.
You may work from anywhere in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
Services you will provide:
- Pitch and write several news stories each day.
- Research and write original stories and features.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends.
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard.
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization.
- Experience and familiarity covering U.S. news and trends.
- Familiarity of using social media and Google trends to find stories.
- Capable of working to tight deadlines.