The Epoch Times is hiring experienced journalists from across the UK.
You will be responsible for pitching, breaking and covering British news stories for our already substantial international readership and our growing local UK readership.
The Epoch Times offers insightful stories and news that other media companies often overlook, focusing on the issues that truly matter. Our dedication to fair and factual reporting, along with our genuine independence, ensures that our readers receive reliable information they can trust.
A renowned international media company rooted in traditional journalism and guided by the principles of 'Truth and Tradition,' The Epoch Times is already a household name in America.
We are now hiring experienced journalists from across the UK as we seek to replicate that remarkable success here in Britain.
As a Reporter, you will pitch, break, and cover compelling news stories for our substantial international readership and for our rapidly-growing British audience.
- Discover, pitch, and craft stories of national relevance.
- Develop and curate a diverse portfolio of mid-range and long-length articles.
- Cover breaking news and contribute to assigned stories.
- Specialise in specific beats as directed.
- Conduct on-the-ground reporting and interviews, attending events as required.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Substantial professional experience as a full-time press reporter in print or online.
- A proven record of being able to produce well-written, accurate stories to deadline.
- A proven record of tracking down original stories and finding fresh angles.
- An NCTJ qualification or equivalent, or proven substantial experience as a senior reporter.
- A solid grasp of news and current affairs in the UK.
Above all, we seek journalists who genuinely align with our guiding principles of Truth and Tradition, and our core values.
The role is currently remote, allowing you to work from any location within the UK. While primarily desk reporting, there may be occasions when travel is required to cover stories and events, potentially more frequently for specific beats.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your CV showcasing your professional experience.
- A compelling cover letter explaining why you want to report for The Epoch Times and contribute to its mission.
- Names of two references who can vouch for your skills and expertise.
- Three samples from your portfolio that demonstrate your exceptional storytelling abilities.
We welcome informal inquiries from talented and experienced reporters who wish to learn more about this role or The Epoch Times before submitting a formal application.
Enjoy competitive rates based on your experience, aligned with top national newspapers.
The Epoch Times is an international media company covering 21 languages and 33 countries, with a flagship U.S. edition in print and online in English—the fastest-growing independent media outlet in America.
The Epoch Times takes the principles of Truth and Tradition as its guidance.
We highlight in our reporting the best of humanity, the valuable lessons of history, and traditions that are beneficial for society.
We are free from the influence of any government, corporation, or political party—this is what makes us different from other media organisations.
The Epoch Times was founded in the United States in the year 2000 in response to communist repression and censorship in China. Our founders, Chinese-Americans who themselves had fled communism, sought to create an independent media to bring the world uncensored and truthful information.
The Epoch Times has received numerous awards for our reporting and design, including from the New York Press Association, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the Society for News Design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.