Job Title: Editor, writer: arts and luxury: client publishing (Maternity cover)
Reporting to: Head of editorial
Liaises with: Production editor.
Responsible for: Freelancers
Contract : 1-year fixed term maternity cover contract
The Role: editor
We are looking for an experienced editor with a strong track record of arts reporting, interviewing and writing to work on Cultureshock’s client portfolio. You are able to write sparkling articles on a short turnaround, commission clearly and creatively, and fix weak copy with confidence and sensitivity.
You will have at least five years’ experience as a journalist. You will ideally also have a recognised journalism qualification and a degree in the arts or art history. Knowledge of the art market and luxury business would be a distinct advantage.
Cultureshock’s clients cover fine art, museums, luxury, literature, theatre, opera and dance. We work across print, digital, apps, films, social media and book publishing.
An important part of the role includes client management, supporting the head of editorial and working closely with our in-house and freelance writers, photographers, illustrators, filmmakers and our digital, design and production teams.
Your tasks will include:
Editing a small number of our major titles, including:
- Pitching ideas to clients
- Commissioning writers
- Editing copy for quality and accuracy
- Briefing picture editors and designers
- Liaising with our production team
- Repackaging content for online and social media
- Meeting deadlines and budgets
- Editing and writing on one-off projects (print, online and social media).
Writing and research
- Writing news items, interviews and features across our titles and projects
- Overseeing the maintenance of our arts and luxury forward diary
- Supporting and deputising for our head of editorial
- Working closely with our head of production on schedules
- Contributing to major pitches and tenders
- Contributing to company strategy days and creative sessions
You will be:
- A talented journalist and editor
- Enthusiastic about the arts, art market and luxury trades, and the people who work in them.
- Inquisitive and plugged into the latest cultural trends.
- Motivated and hard-working with a positive attitude to colleagues and clients
- Five years’ professional experience as a journalist and editor
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for and knowledge of arts, culture and art/luxury market
- Ability and willingness to work proactively with clients.
- Team player
- Organised, deadline focused.
- An eye for detail
Click Apply now and send us your CV , Covering letter and examples of written work.