Assistant Social Media Editor
Location: MailOnline Headquarters – London, W8 5HY
MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million unique monthly visitors globally, is looking for a talented Assistant Social Media Editor to join its industry-leading social team.
- Assist UK Social Media Lead in editing MailOnline social feeds
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and emerging platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social media projects and best practices
- Disseminate knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing and reader engagement techniques in the newsroom
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Assist Social Media Editor with coordination of and social interaction during live events
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
- Prior experience working with social platforms and crowdsourcing or experience managing social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro is desirable
- Prior newsroom experience is essential
- Demonstrable digital production skills, including an ability to work comfortably within content management systems
- Ability to gather and analyse social media data and analytics
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself, and examples of your work.
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The Mail brand reaches one in two Brits every month and is officially the best-read, most recognised, most engaged newsbrand in the country.*
Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, MailOnline, Mail+, Metro, Metro.co.uk, i and inews.co.uk reach more than 10.1m people daily in the UK.*
Globally, dmg media’s brands reach 190M unique browsers every month across its domains and apps.**
Our newsbrands maintain an unwavering commitment to uncovering the stories that matter most to our readers, ensuring that we remain experts at delivering relevant and insightful content.
In October, the Mail became the largest news publisher on TikTok with over 7- million followers.
*PAMCo H2 2023
**GA 2023 September
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.