Newsweek is seeking an experienced newsroom editor who can plan, edit, and rewrite copy on both print and digital platforms quickly and cleanly in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for the smooth production of Newsweek's print magazine: selecting suitable articles, managing the flatplan, assisting in the layout of pages, assisting in design and picture choices, and writing headlines. You will perform these tasks to strict deadlines.
You will also work with sub-editors and other newsroom staff to enhance the quality of Newsweek's digital content.
You will be working on days agreed with Newsweek in advance. You may also be required to take on additional tasks as deemed necessary by editors at Newsweek, including commissioning articles or other content for the magazine.
Our office is based in London but you will have the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK.
Work pattern: Full-time, Monday to Friday
Working time: 10am - 7pm or later at 11am - 8pm depending on the needs of the business.
- Editing and revising multiple stories a day across various beats and topics for print and digital
- Selecting suitable articles for the magazine and managing the flatplan and production process
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Following AP and in-house style
- Ensuring the quality of the content is of the highest possible standard
- Commissioning articles as required
- Managing direct reports as required
- Any other reasonable duties to meet the needs of the business
- Significant experience in a senior newsroom production role
- Experience using InDesign and InCopy
- Experience managing a flatplan
- Experience publishing digital content
- Experience of picture-editing tools such as Photoshop is desirable
- Experience managing direct reports
Newsweek is an equal opportunity employer. We seek employees of diverse backgrounds and are committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and respectful workplace.