Location: Southeast Asia. We are not able to support visa applications for this position
Position: Regional Social Media Officer, Southeast Asia
Hours: Part-time, 8 hours per week
Contract type: Freelance, temporary, to 31 October 2024, with possibility of renewal subject to funding
Salary: $437 per month, invoiced
Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 9am BST, 2 January 2024
This is an exciting opportunity to work with China Dialogue Trust as a member of its growing social media team. The Regional Social Media Officer will join the social media team, with members in our London headquarters, Africa, South Asia and Latin America, to grow and develop China Dialogue Trust’s social media presence across all of its brands and online community, with a particular focus on our audience in Southeast Asia. This role will help us develop our regional social media strategy for Southeast Asia, improve our understanding of our audience in the region, and support the organisation as we create and launch new projects and begin delivery of our new strategy, which sees an increased focus on our regional teams and audiences across the Global South.
China Dialogue Trust is a not-for-profit that is independent of any government. China Dialogue Trust promotes communication on the environment and climate change in multiple languages. We aim to foster a common purpose across political, ideological and cultural boundaries by publishing independent and accurate information on environmental and climate issues and by facilitating tolerant and constructive dialogue.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the work and values of China Dialogue Trust;
- Experience using social media in a not-for-profit or media organisation;
- An interest in environmental and climate change issues;
- Excellent verbal, written and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small international team;
- Ability to write compelling and concise copy for social media;
- Strong attention to detail.
Desirable experience, knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with Loomly, or other social media management programmes;
- Knowledge of Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Khmer or other Southeast Asian languages;
- Experience of working in organisations with a multi-project portfolio;
- Experience organising online events, such as Twitter Spaces.
- Work closely with the social media team to implement China Dialogue Trust’s global social media strategy and develop our regional social media strategy for Southeast Asia;
- Work with China Dialogue Trust’s editorial teams, particularly the Southeast Asia team, to promote and disseminate editorial content;
- Plan and facilitate online events;
- Monitor and evaluate the regional communications strategy for Southeast Asia and feed into monthly social media statistics meetings;
- Ensure all communication materials align with China Dialogue Trust’s branding guidelines and editorial tone;
- Monitor social media for mentions of and reactions to China Dialogue Trust’s work and relevant news items of interest, and feed back to the editorial team.
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter by 9am GMT on Tuesday 2 January 2024.