As a News Reporter, you will undertake a variety of duties to assist the Telegraph News Desk in its day-to-day news coverage.
- Reporting on breaking news stories.
- Generating and seeking out news stories.
- Writing news stories across a variety of subject areas.
- Presenting story ideas to the News Editor.
- Working across different publishing platforms, including the newspaper and the website.
- Experience of working in news at regional, national or international level.
- Shorthand is required (100 wpm would be advantageous)
- Full knowledge of media law is required.
- Experience of breaking news stories.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to self-generate stories.
- Be familiar with and have experience of digital storytelling techniques.
- Have a good working understanding of social media channels.
- Understand what drives digital engagement in a subscription-based organisation.
- Previous court reporting experience
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.