As a Newsletter Editor you will help build and strengthen The Telegraph’s relationship with its readers by crafting, editing, curating, producing and optimising bespoke emails.
In this role, you will work primarily on The Telegraph’s flagship news focused Front Page newsletter, exercising your editorial judgement and writing concisely and with flair. This is a fast-paced role, in which you will collaborate with colleagues around the newsroom.
You don't need previous experience working on newsletters to join our team, but you do need to be a self-starter with strong news judgement, excellent attention to detail and an interest in using data to make editorial decisions.
- You will be responsible for producing the Front Page AM newsletter independently every weekday morning. (Please note that this requires a 5am start time)
- News judgement and the ability to write and edit high-quality copy at speed are crucial skills for this role
- Leveraging and managing key editorial and design talent to ensure The Telegraph’s newsletters maintain our highest standards and ensure use of the best material
- Collaborating with the Head of Newsletters and key editorial stakeholders to develop new ideas and optimise sends through A/B testing
- Work with the Homepage / App team to send notifications about our products
- Using data to inform decisions around editorial content
- Subbing newsletter copy prior to publication
- Excellent editing skills and proven ability to produce the highest quality work on a consistent basis, to tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and with flair - including snappy headlines and sells
- Excellent understanding of The Telegraph’s brands and journalistic values, both in digital and in print
- Excellent editorial judgement, with confidence in selecting the most compelling content to share with an audience
- Ability to show initiative and work well under pressure
- Experience of working as a journalist in a busy newsroom
- Demonstrable ability to use analytics tools and data reports to influence editorial decisions
- Experience curating high-quality editorial content for engaged audiences
- Direct experience working on newsletters, an understanding of the industry and what makes newsletters unique from other publishing media
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Experience using a variety of digital publishing / CMS systems
- Broad interests and expertise in at least two of the following editorial areas: Sport, Lifestyle, News, Politics, Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Travel
- Full knowledge of media law is also preferred
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.