Hybrid-Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany~
Content, Full time
Infopro Digital is seeking a correspondent/ staff writer based out of of Frankfurt to cover central bank-related issues in Europe, with particular focus on the Eurosystem.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently to cover the most important issues relevant to central banks across the Europe, while developing a network of excellent contacts within the central banking community.
Whether writing insights about central bank policy, monetary operations, banking supervision, digital transformation, reserve management or the role of money and central bank digital currencies, the position offers plenty of exciting opportunities, including in-depth interviews with Europe’s top policy-makers.
This role would suit a graduate with a few years’ experience as a journalist who is seeking a new challenge and wants to develop their career working on a highly respected, growing brand. European language skills and a knowledge of economics, finance or data science are an advantage. Candidates should be able to build contacts and technical knowledge quickly and write in English to a high level of accuracy on a complex subject.
Founded in 1990, Central Banking is the leading independent publication covering all activities related to central banks, supervisors and multi-lateral institutions. It is part of Infopro Digital, a leading player in the business-to-business information services industry, offering clients a range of multi-media products and solutions.
Your key tasks & responsibilities
- Conduct research to uncover significant, interesting and exclusive news
- Cultivate contacts to generate a constant stream of news tips and leads
- Regularly interview key senior officials from the central banking community
- Contribute news, feature articles and comment pieces for publication both online and in print.
- Work with editors in London to maintain a high quality of research and reporting
- Maintain a high standard of journalistic ethics, with a keen focus on use of sources and accuracy of stories
- Contribute to the Central Banking Benchmarking Service and Awards
- Travel to attend conferences or interview leading officials is expected
- Affinity for numbers and ability to work under pressure
- Quick comprehension and innovative thinking
- Team player
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- We offer you a secure employment relationship with an attractive salary and 30 days' holiday right from the start
- Flexible working hours that ensure a good work-life balance
- We support you with a company pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
- A modern workplace in our office in Frankfurt
- A responsible role in an innovative, fast-growing company
- A personal, individual induction programme with professional support
- Integration into a motivated and friendly international team in which work is fun
- Opportunity for personal development and taking on independent areas of responsibility if suitable
- Numerous benefits (e.g. team events etc.)